Updated: Dec 6, 2019
All aboard the advice train, next stop any and every kind of advice you and I may need or have learned the hard way. Since graduating college in December, I have been struggling with finding a paying writing job and it is starting to get to me. So, here I am writing about it, for the world to see, in hopes that I help someone else who is on this journey or any journey that seems to leave them heartbroken or concerned. I want to share with y’all what I’ve been learning, experiencing, and hopefully some good advice that’s come from all these ups and downs. We all need some advice every now and then – why not now? That’s what I’m here for, to fill that place and be my best self for me and also you, my readers. Let’s take a train ride.
First off, this post is way overdue. I am so behind on my writing, but I am slowly getting back into it. I want to share some personal growth advice I’ve learned following my recent breakup. This past month and almost a half has been interesting, but I’m so grateful. I thought I would never bounce back because I cried so much when I was dumped, but turns out, it lighted a fire in my soul and I haven’t stopped reaching for my goals since. Because at the end of the day, you only have you who is rooting for you. Don’t let someone else misconceptions about your goals stop you from going after them. No one should be able to stop you from reaching your dreams!
My advice when you feel like you’ll never get where you are going or you are already reaching and stuck:
1. Don’t EVER stop believing in your goals/dreams! Your goals/dreams are worth seeing through. Because I already know, just like me, they mean the world to you! Treat them as such and see how far you soar!
2. Believe in yourself. It is key for your success. Most of the time, only our negative thoughts are standing in our way of being happy, being successful, reaching goal after goal, and going through with plans. Don’t stand in your way!
3. Never let anyone including yourself stop you from reaching your goals in life. You are on your own journey. Don’t forget to look out for yourself.
4. Love yourself unconditionally.
5. Remember you can be anything and do anything you set your mind to!
6. Don’t let another person define who you are. No one can define your true self besides you so be your best self and let me hate roll off your back.
7. Don’t let a job setback hold you back from continuing to follow your career dreams.
8. Work hard, ALWAYS! Nothing in this life comes easy and if it does it wasn’t earned or worth it. Earn your success, own it, love it, and continue to be passionate about it. Always continue to learn.