We all know the end of the year drill: make a new year's resolution list and forget about it by the second week of January. Right? That sounds about right, my friends. I fall into that, I make one at the end of every year and rarely keep my goals. Let's check to see if I met at least some of my goals from 2018.
Here’s my 2019 list:
1. Decide if I want to finish my fiction novels.
2. Self-publish more poetry.
3. Keep sending in poetry to magazines.
4. Read my Bible more. Stick to it. God has a plan, listen to Him.
5. Be yourself.
6. Love who you are, always.
7. Take care of yourself.
8. Read for fun.
9. Pray more often. Lean on God, He knows best.
10. Continue to go to the gym.
11. Apply to Jobs, work hard when I find a job!
12. Keep loving every moment.
13. Keep writing!
14. Keep doing photography!
15. Continue to build my music playlist!
16. Keep learning and experiencing new things.
1. Decide if I want to finish my fiction novels: Halfway done!
I say halfway because I did finish my novel from 2017/2018/2019, but I haven't really worked much on my second one. I haven't even decided if I want to continued the second novel that I started. Being a writer is full of tough decision. Maybe I will decide one day.
2. Self-publish more poetry: Done!
"Loving Myself," February 17, 2019. Second publication of "Pieces of My Heart," March 24, 2019. "Anxiety Doesn't Own Me," September 9, 2019. "Running Home," December 5, 2019.
3. Keep sending poetry into magazines: Done!
4 &9. Read my Bible more. Stick to it. God has a plan, listen to Him. & Pray more often. Lean on God, He knows best: Doing so much better! :)
5-7. Be yourself. & Love who you are, always. & Take care of yourself: I FOUND MYSELF THIS YEAR!!
Finding myself this year has to be one of my greatest accomplishments. I have always struggled with finding me as an individual. I focused too much on others opinions and never really found my inner self. This year I took a hard look in the mirror and started doing things for me. Recovering from last year;s heartache was at the top of my list - many many poems later, I think I am doing okay.
8. Read for fun & Keep doing photography: One I didn't get to often this year.
10 & 11. Continue to go to the gym & Apply to Jobs, work hard when I find a job!
12 & 16. Keep loving every moment & Keep learning and experiencing new things: Double Done!
13-15. Keep writing & Continue to build my music playlist: Double Done!
Now for the real test, what will my 2020 goals look like and will I stick to them? Here goes nothing. *My goals generally stay the same, but hey maybe I will add something new!*
1. Move into an apartment!
2. Meet my debut novel release date :)
3. Read more for fun - I have so many books on my waiting list.
4. Keep reading my Bible, attending church regularly, and praying (prayer journal).
5. Gym 2-3 times a week: learn some new workouts.
6. Continue loving myself and hopefully not lose myself again.
7. Self-publish more poetry collections (Individually and collaborations).
8. Submit to literary magazine and keep supporting them.
9. Decide one sequel novel and/or a completely new novel idea.
10. Be content right where God places me!
November 2018 vs 2019 🥰 Thankful for the growth even though it was by some intense painful struggles - I've come so far! When we took my photos this time last year - I overworked to be happy and excited even if I didn't admit it. Now - I'm happier, healthier, I love myself a lot more, and I'm no longer faking a smile as much as I did. That's what God can do 😭❤️🙌
What's your 2020 goals? A new decade, full of new possibilities!